Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Today the birds are singing

As I walked up the wide, straight, unforgiving, concrete pathway to the entrance of Seymour High this morning, I dreaded what Monday would hold for me in its iron clutches. Outside, it was muggy and the wind was whipping up anything it could, tossing it about. The gray clouds, moving as one dark blanket, threw large white raindrops like healing bombs to the earth. I held my head down, shielding the lenses of my Ted Baker eye wear from the wet which would surely obstruct  my view. At that moment, a choir of birds songs touched my ears. The sound was so happy and melodious, despite the unideal conditions of the Indiana weather. Hearing those birds' greeting made me smile to myself and think, 'Maybe today wouldn't be so bad after all.' Because today, the birds are singing. Just thought I would share that with you.

1 comment: